1. Be inspired by a performance at the Del E. Webb Center for the Performing Arts.
2. Visit the Desert Caballeros Western Museum, a showcase for Western and Southwestern art, and discover schedule Western exhibits and activities.
3. Walk the downtown area in search of rattlesnakes, gila monsters, tarantulas and road runners. There are also 6 large sculptures that have a historic narrative to them. Don’t miss all the new sculptures in the downtown.
5. Hike to the top of Vulture Peak, and then stop by the Chamber of Commerce for a certificate.
6. Check out the lush riparian area called the Hassayampa River Preserve, where water rises above ground, and hiking trails take you around the preserve area.
7. Grab a bag of popcorn and a Coke, lean back and enjoy a popular movie in the historic Saguaro Theatre.
8. Our many outdoor activities can provide you relaxing fun on the golf course, hiking trails, jeep tours, horseback rides, ropings and rodeos throughout the year.
9. Capture the real West when you stay at any of our local dude ranches.
10. Stop by Chaparral Homemade Ice Cream on a hot day for some homemade ice cream.
11. Feel the genuine Western hospitality of this over 150-year-old community, by taking the Historical Walking Tour through downtown. The Chamber of Commerce is located in the old train depot next to the Old 761 Santa Fe Steam Locomotive on Frontier Street, once block west of US-93 (Tegner)
12. Visit the Jail tree that once served as the town jail. This 200 year old mesquite tree is located at the corner of US-60 (Wickenburg Way) and US-93 (Tegner).
13. Put on your shoes for a stroll thru Wickenburg Legends and Ghost Stories. Colorful characters lead you on lantern lit tours lasting approximately 90 minutes to discuss the history of Wickenburg.
14. Tour Henry Wickenburg’s Home and the Henry Wickenburg Pioneer Cemetery. Tours are available by appointment only by calling 928-684-5603.
Visit the Chamber of Commerce website and search thru their quick find menu to find more information on any of the above ideas. You can also visit the Out Wickenburg Way website for additional things to do. For a video regarding things to do in the Town of Wickenburg, visit Mike’s Road Trip.